Out first Wellbeing Week!
Letter - PDF
We have a week full of fun and informative activities throughout our Happiness and Well-being week being held in school from 19-23 March. We would like to support our Garden Fields community in developing a greater understanding of the positive effects of being healthy. This isn’t just about keeping fit, but holistically looking after ourselves: emotionally, mentally, eating good food, sleeping well and being more mindful (to each other, ourselves and our environment).
Children in Years 1 & 2 to bring in a small, empty, clear plastic bottle with lid on Monday 19th March for a planned activity.
Each child to bring in a blanket/yoga mat on Monday 19th March (EYFS, Years 1-4) and Tuesday 20th March (Years 3-6)
Some of our planned events are outlined below:
- Developing gratitude for things in life, big and small
- Sessions on mindfulness
- A variety of fitness sessions including; our daily mile, and street dance
- Learning about emotions
- Yoga and Gong Bath sessions from The Yoga Hall.
- Informative nutrition sessions by trained Nutritionists.
- Tour de Garden Fields
- Song writing and music for mindfulness
We’ll also be introducing a few new things:
- Outdoor library session
- Library at playtime
- Music on the playground
- Nurture visits by our Ofsted approved black Labrador [* Our approved nurture care canine will be in the school throughout the week. Should your child have specific allergies or fear of dogs, please advise your class teacher]
- Thankfulness flags
- How full is your bucket?
PLEASE LOOK FOR INDIVIDUAL EVENTS ON THE SCHOOL CALENDAR. SOME ARE BOOKABLE - BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!