ABOUT OUR PTA
We are a dedicated team of mums, dads and teachers across all year groups who work hard to:
- raise money on behalf of the school for “extras”
- provide FUN events for children, parents and teachers
- contribute to the sense of community within the school
All parents are automatically members of the PTA and we always welcome new parents to join the Committee. We are flexible and welcome all and any help you can give! You can contact us at any time by sending an email to: email@example.com.
- PTA Constitution (PDF) – Adopted in October 2012
- PTA Accounts – COMING SOON!
- AGM Minutes (PDF) – COMING SOON!
- AGM Presentation (PDF) – COMING SOON!
Please see the School Calendar for full details of each event.
Sadly Covid-19 has meant the cancellation of our events from March to the end of the school year, meaning we have unfortunately lost circa £20,000 in our goal towards the Music Studio.
EASY WAYS TO RAISE MONEY
AMAZON SMILE – Donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to GFS. All you need to do is: start your shopping at smile.amazon.com, search for Garden Fields School Association and select. Confirm “I understand I must always shop via smile.amazon.co.uk”. You will then see a bar at the top showing the Amazon Smile logo and “Supporting Garden Fields School Association“. Shop in the normal way!
MATCHED GIVING (PDF) – This document explains how companies/employers can help with our fund-raising efforts.
GIFT AID DECLARATION FORM (PDF) – Donating through Gift Aid means we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give.
PRE-OWNED SCHOOL UNIFORM – We welcome donations of uniform in good condition your child has outgrown (including PE kits, coats, book bags, etc). Please hand these in at the school office in a bag marked PTA. The PTA hold regular second-hand uniform sales during the year and also at major PTA events.
TEXTILE RECYCLING – Raise money for the PTA and recycle at the same time! The recycle bank can be found by the school bike sheds. Items we collect are: adult and children clothing, shoes and trainers, handbags and belts, sheets, curtains and towels. All items must be clean, dry, wearable clothing and shoes paired. Please place in tied bags. More information: www.uktextilerecycling.co.uk
EASY FUNDRAISING – If you shop online, why not raise money for Garden Fields School? It won’t cost you a penny and all it means is an extra couple of clicks before you visit your normal online retailer in the usual way. There are over 2000 retailers (such as M&S, Amazon, Argos, John Lewis) and you can earn the school up to 15% every time you shop. Click the link above to see how easy it is to register and start raising money! Click here for a quick guide.
DIRECT DONATION – You can make a direct donation to GFS PTA any time; it’s quick, simple, commission-free & 100% secure!
HOW TO HELP…
- Come and join us on the Committee!
- Become a ‘Friend’ of the PTA
- Volunteer to help using PlanSocial
- Do you have a ‘useful’ skill? (eg. craft, face painting, cooking…)
- Can your company provide a raffle prize?
- Can you sponsor an event/ provide printing etc?
- Come along and support our events
- Company matched giving
- Give us feedback and suggestions on events and spending of funds
- Gift Aid/ recycling/ EasyFundraising/ name tag
STAY IN TOUCH!
Make sure you have signed up to stay in touch…
- Facebook – a closed Facebook Group used to communicate events and activities run by the PTA.
- Email & Whatsapp – each of the year groups have a contact email list managed by parents. Contact your Year Group Rep to make sure your details are on the list.
- PlanSocial – PlanSocial (formally PTA Social) is used to communicate to parents as well as for parents to sign up to volunteer.
We align our donations with the school improvement plan and have created a budget to reflect where needs are greatest. PTA Budget Document